Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday,June 15, 2011

Tuesday I was up early getting ready for my Personal Chef gig. I usually shop at Whole Foods and I did most of my shopping there Tuesday, but would you believe Whole Foods had no green beans?! I had to get them at Trader Joe's. A mi or set back. I make N Orzo, Green Bean & Red Onion Salad with a vinaigrette dressing; Roast Potato, Green Bean &Basil Salad, Penne Pasta with Tomatoes, Grilled Lamb Salad with Goat Cheese and Braised Chicken with Apricots and Olives. It turned out well. Since I had already baked the Chocolate chip cookies my client wanted, I made Eton Mess. Eton Mess is softly whipped cream mixed with meringues and diced sweetened strawberries, served in as lovely a container as you have, then topped with more strawberries. Yum!

Jordan and I had the grilled Lamb Salad for dinner also with goat cheese, tomatoes, onions and croutons with an olive vinaigrette dressing. It turned out nicely.

Today, I had another interview with the Standards of Excellence Appliance group. The company chef was here to cook for an event this evening. Her name is Rachelle and she was very nice, friendly and helpful. She was making appetizers for an event this evening so we talked while she worked. Hard to tell what will happen with that.

After lunch, I met Jordan at the business offices for Thunderbird Lodge. They are a non-profit and so are always looking fir ways to make money. I left cookie samples and it looks like they are interested in selling them up at the Lodge in Inlcine Village. I need to put pricing together for cookies as well as some catering options. Cool, huh? Better get busy!

I ended up going back to Standards of Excellence so I could see what Rachelle was doing. It turned out to be a monthly meeting for the NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association). I didn't get out of there until after 8am! But I did get to help the chef and meet a few people. Laurie said they would be in touch, so again, we'll see!

Leftovers for dinner then bed for me. I have a busy day ahead tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment