Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Friday I was up early once again, putting together things from the list I had made Thursday evening. Not much room for error when you're trying to impress someone! I was at Nothing To It just before 9am but the kitchen guys were not there, so I sat at one of the outside tables and waited. Raul got there about 9:10am. I got started on my Orzo first, then put together my salad, then started making beef kabobs. Two guys came in who had a 10am meeting with Jay, but they arrived first. So they asked me lots of questions, then wanted one of my cards. Finally Jay came and took them outside. I got a call about 11am from Karen, one of the women from the doctor's office. Se wanted to know if I needed tables and was I bringing them? She also asked a question about my "people". No "people", just me. And tables? I hadn't thought about tables! Ended up, the office had tables and tablecloths which they were kind enough to set up for me. Debbie, the office manager and her staff were very helpful. I did finally get to the office at 12:30pm, after I stopped to pick up a bag of ice for the bucket of soda. Debbie and one of the office girls helped me unload the car and take things upstairs (it helped that I had bought a cart to help haul things around!), then helped me get set up. I made sure everything was there, then left so I could get started on my afternoon gig.

I did a charity dinner for Reno Silver Blades that started at 5:30pm. Thank goodness someone else was taking care of the meat, so all I had to worry about were side dishes and dessert. Ric had decided cookies would be the easiest so I made Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies, Cranberry Dark Chocolate Cookies, Peanut Butter Cookies and Kalua Brownies. My friend Laura told me "I make Kalua.". I told her I know, I used your Kalua, lol. She laughed. I also made Warm Tuscan White Bean salad, Mediterranean Hummus with crostini, Caponata (eggplant) and Phyllo cups filled with marinated artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes (all ground down in a food processor). I was feeling I should have made more but we had enough food, and two other people brought food-a watermelon salad and a Peruvian chicken dish with rice, so all was good. I was exhausted by the time I got home!

Today was spent running errands with Janell, then working on pricing for cookies and cheese platters for Thunderbird Lodge. It seems I won't make a lot of money selling cookies but it's a start. And I love to bake. And you never know what this might morph in to. I did take a nap with the cat in the afternoon! There is a show on The Cooking Channel called "Bitchin' Kitchen" with Nadia G. Pretty funny actually but don't be fooled, she is definitely a chef! Just not your mamma's chef. Worth watching at least once if you get The Cooking Channel, lol.

Jordan was gone most of the day and when he got home we went to Moxie's for dinner. It was quiet there and our waiter said a lot of people had gone to the rodeo. I had forgotten it was rodeo this week! Jordan and I shared a salmon dish, just ok. The mixed vegetables, however, were very good. It was a late dinner so we both came home tired.

Tomorrow is another day! Happy Father's Day to all you dads!

No comments:

Post a Comment