Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011

Monday was spent working on the computer again, looking at recipes, menus, answering emails (the doctors office love their lunch Friday-yeah!), etc. I did run some errands, bought a Stanley Mobile Work Station at Walmart to make schlepping all my chef stuff easier. Not a terribly exciting day, but then again, the days can't all be exciting!

I went over Michael's this morning after shopping at Whole Foods. I got everything all set up and unpacked everything, then realized the stove top didn't work. So I packed up everything, called Michael and came back home. Just this once, I made meals in my kitchen, then took them back to his house and put them in the freezer. I double checked the stove top again and wouldn't you know--it worked!! Oh, brother! Good for Michael anyway, he won't have to have the repairman out tomorrow. And hopefully it will work next week, lol. I made a Warm Tuscan White Bean Salad, Panzanella (a Tuscan bread and tomato salad), Chicken Piccata, Orzo with Tomatoes and Parmesan, Saloon Sweet Bourbon Salmon and a Orecchiette Pasta Salad with Grilled Steak. Hope he likes it all!

Jordan and I went to Walden's Coffeehouse to hear Andy Carey talk about anthropology. Walden's is doing a science Tuesday. Andy talked about gender differences around the world. Very interesting! Afterwards Jordan and I had leftover beef with mushroom gravy, bean salad and broccoli. All good. I had made Michael Strawberry Shortcake and kept two of the shortcakes for Jordan and I. We had those for dessert tonight. Tasty! Real old-fashioned shortcakes! Yum!

And now, time for bed. Oh! Thunderbird Lodge did decide to sell my chocolate chip cookies in their gift shop. Hooray!! The gift shop opens the first of July. Things are moving forward! :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment