Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ah, oh, I need to catch this blog up!

Friday morning I met with Sophia, a graphic designer about coming up with a logo and also about packaging my cookies, as I'd like to start selling them around. She was quite nice and just starting out on her own. She we have that in common. She told me to think about it but after thinking all weekend about it and talking with Jordan, I am going to pay her to help with a logo design and to help me out on packaging.

Friday for lunch, I met Jordan's friend and insurance guy, who is part owner in the Old 395 Station in Washoe City, about halfway between Reno and Carson. It's a convenience store that has a small deli, nothing special. I guess all three owners would like to see the deli portion expand and get better. Jordan's friend, John Rice, wanted me to take over the deli completely, but I have to tell you, I cannot see myself running a deli or convenience store for the next few years. And there are already people leasing the store and taking care of things so they would have to buy into all this. I did end up telling him I would help them develop a new sandwich menu and make suggestions for upgrades to their small work space, but that was it. A consulting job versus deli girl. He seems to think that might work. I'll let John deal with it and see if he gets back to me. He and his wife are coming for dinner Thursday. Maybe he'll have something new then.

Jordan and I grilled pork chops on the grill Friday evening. I marinated them in a jerk mustard sauce. They were good. Add some mashed potatoes and some brocolini, and you have a meal!

Saturday morning I did some clean up and pruning in the front yard. If I don't hear from Calvin soon, I'll start doing some of the yard make over myself. I honestly think we could qualify for the HGTV show "Desparate Landscapes", lol! The yard is slowly starting to look better. I ended up getting my arms all scratched up, though, and filled the garbage can so now I'll have to wait until Wednesday trash day to get it emptied and start again.

Janell and I went out to lunch at "Fatburger" on North McCarran. The burgers were pretty good. They even make small 2 1/2 oz burgers, which work well for me. Lots of fries though! Janell and I could have split some. After lunch we stopped by Home Depot so I could check out plants and rocks.

Saturday evening we had chicken with an apricot/olive sauce. Very nice! Same recipe as I used for my client's dinner last week.

Sunday we got up early and drove out with Janell to our friends Jan and Jim's house for breakfast. They served bacon, sourdough pancakes, fruit and eggs. The ranch is gorgeous, especially with everything blooming! Lots of people, lots of fun. Jordan, Janell and I stayed later than everyone else because we got into a discussion with Jan about doing dinners out at the ranch. Jan and I share equally in this, but I do the cooking. It's based on the farm to table philosophy where all the food is locally grown or raised. It could turn out to be fun!

After we got back into town (Jan and Jim live out behind Bordertown, north of Reno), I worked on menus and recipes and spent some time gathering the paperwork I need for Tuesday. Nice relaxing finish to a beautiful day!

Tomorrow I start baking the 240 mini tarts for SCOR. Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment