Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday, June 27, 2011

Jordan left early this morning for San Diego. I slept in just a little longer. I fed the cat (what we jokingly call second breakfast just like in Lord of the Rings), ate my breakfast, then talked to my mom.

After that, I called and talked to the people at EdibleReno-Tahoe to see about advertising for myself and for the dinners Jan and I are planning. Jack, the woman I talked to had a lot of good advice for Jan and I. Jaci was also impressed that I was going to be selling cookies to Thunderbird Lodge. She thought that was quite a coup! She did feel Jan and I were under charging for our dinner and thought $80-$125 a better price. Se then sent me a link to check out advertising prices. It's expensive to advertise! I emailed the link to Jan, then went to have lunch with Ric at Arlington Gardens (no surprise there!). They do ok at lunch.

After I got back home, I talked with Jan about pricing, advertising, the wind, liability and tents. A lot needs to come together if we're going to go ahead with plans for a farm to table dinner. It will all work out. I did develop a menu for the first dinner though: Roasted tomato Soup with a dollop of mint pesto, Tunisian Vegetable Salsa with grilled flatbread, Greek salad, grilled lamb and grilled chicken marinated in yogurt and spices, herbed vegetables, Orzo with asparagus and almonds, Olive Oil cake with Candied Oranges and Macerated Fruit with Vanilla Cream. Sounds good to me!

I made the Olive Oil Cake to give to Michael tomorrow. I'll try a piece of it myself to make sure it will work for the farm to table dinner. It looks nice!

I had dinner with Janell at Eclipse Pizza. It wasn't as good as I remember it being. Just ok. We sat outside. Sure was windy! When I got back home, I didn't have the energy to make dough for the mini tarts so I'll have to start that tomorrow morning. It needs to be chilled for at least an hour. So I read some of my book, watched a little TV and talked to Jordan. It took him 10 hours to get to San Diego! He had dinner with his sister and some of her friends, then he'll head up to USC in the morning. Apparently he got an email from his boss at UNR telling him the Dean had written an email Sunday at noon stating everyone at the Bureau had until 5pm Monday to had in their resignation or plans to retire. Doing so would mean that the people who resign would have another year at UNR but the money comes out of a different account than the normally budgeted state account. Seems crazy to me and very cruel on the Dean's part to put down that ultimatum on such short notice. Then Jordan found out the Dean isn't even around Monday thru Thursday of this week! Like I said, crazy!

But now it's time for bed so I'll stop talking about UNR before I get too riled up, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment