Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Well, my Memorial Day brunch was pretty much a bust. Janell called and said her back hurt, the Moens called and Bob said his mom had just died (she was 95 and had been ill a long time so it was not a surprise). Only Ric came. So lots of food left but we had a nice time. Jordan and I spent the rest of the day quietly both working on computers.

Today I had a doctor's appointment before my personal chef job. I went to see my orthopedic doctor, then drove down to MP's house. A late start for me! I went grocery shopping at Whole Foods (I am finally getting the hang of the store layout) then on to cooking. Today I made Turkey Cutlets with a Port Wine Sauce, Waldorf Salad, Olive and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce over Chicken, Lemon Lamb Chops with Lemon Orzo, and Hoisin & Bourbon Glazed Pork Tenderloin served with a Three Fruit Salsa. Yum! All the meat was grilled but when I got to the Lamb Chops, which were last, I set off the smoke alarm! It's really loud!! But no house or furnishings were lost in the making of these meals, lol. And I have discovered I really like making sauces. The secret almost seems to be to just walk away and let them reduce. Not always an easy thing to do! I have GOT to start taking pictures of my food, too. I keep forgetting!

Tonight Jordan and I had the Turkey Cutlets with the Port Wine Sauce for dinner. Loved it, if I do say so myself, lol. A little reading after dinner, then we finished up the left over chocolate cake.

Now it's time for bed, I'm exhausticated! All in all, a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment