Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday already! I just realized I haven't written since Saturday!

Sunday was a lazy day, although I managed to bake coconut cupcakes, waiting to frost them until Monday. I am still working on organizing my office (won't be able to finish until the rest of my shelves get here). Sunday afternoon, Jordan and took a drive up to Boca and just took in the scenery. It was a beautiful day! The water was gorgeous and there is still snow up in the mountains in many places. I understand they will have open skiing at Mammoth thru June. Amazing! We both came back relaxed. I must admit to being cranky. Not busy enough, I guess.

Monday morning, Jordan let's to fly down to LA to work at USC. He did get an appointment down there, which he is very pleased about. I guess we are still going to be living in Reno for a while. Only time will tell. I made cornmeal raspberry muffins, making another attempt at the recipe I had made for Easter. I wanted to see if the muffins could be improved. I sent a bunch out to people so we'll see what they say. I had lunch with Ric, at the usual place, Arlington Gardens, then went grocery shopping for my client. Still trying to see what works and what does not. As I needed a few things, I went shopping early. We'll see what difference it makes in my total time cooking. I frosted my cupcakes today and made the French Yogurt Cake recipe I have posted on my blog. I used fresh apricots this time and made them in a smaller baking pan. They turned out well! Janell came over and we ran a couple of errands. I was looking for a melon baller. Can you believe I don't have one?! I do now, lol. Then Kasia and Gary came over to pick up their sample boxes-asking friends to sample goods and give me some feedback. After that, Janell and I went out for dinner to Sushi Rose, just up the street behind Walmart. Good food! Jordan was due in late tonight so I tried to wait up for him. Poor guy got delayed in Vegas so didn't get home until 1am!

Tuesday is my usual Personal Chef day. Always look forward to cooking. Although I did get locked out of the hose, so had to go pick up a key to get in! It all worked out. This week I made Curried Rice Salad, Cornish Grame Hen with a Curried Plum Glaze, Lo-Cal Eggplant Parmigiano, Apricot and Pecan Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, and Maple Glazed Salmon with Pineapple Salsa. We'll see if my client likes these meals! I finished around 4pm and then came home. Long day! Good day!

And now it's time for bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment