Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday, May 16, 2011

Here we are, another Monday morning. It started out a leisurely day, until I got a phone call from Rachael K, the other personal chef from the same personal chef program I took. She told me she had a client for me, a nurse, and gave me her name and number. (Rachael had a baby boy by the way). I called Lyn, the nurse, who was actually calling for her neighbors, an elderly couple who needed some help. The husband is diabetic and the wife just had a heart attack and is getting out of the hospital at the end of the week. She asked if I could email her a sample menu to show them. I did that, which took a small chunk of time. We'll see now if I actually hear from them.

I did laundry also, but before I knew it, it was 12:30pm and time to pick up Janell so I could take her to her back procedure. I didn't realize it was going to take so long. I had decided to wait, which is fine, but while I was waiting, one of the patients turned on the TV and was watching one of the reality talk TV shows where the guests have huge personal issues (pregnancy, fighting, cheating, etc). I almost said, "really? You want to watch this trash?". But I didn't. But it made for a LONG wait! Poor Janell came out and told me they had done a bilateral procedure on three levels. Ouch! I took her home and picking up some "lunch" (late lunch) then took her prescription to the pharmacy. Had to wait for that, so I did some errands. Ended up getting home close to 7pm! Ah, well....

Dinner was a quick pasta (we tried some gluten free pasta we had found in a store in Santa Barbara on our last trip. The taste was good, but the texture was not the same. I mixed it with some sautéed onions and grape tomatoes and garlic. It turned out nicely, although it was so cold today, I could have made chili or a hearty soup! I did a couple things on the computer but now it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment