Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday, May 20, 2011

Thursday and Friday both seemed to run together. Yesterday I worked on my corporate menu, which I had not turned into the GoDaddy.com website staff. I looked at quite a few other sites trying to see what type of foods they offered for corporate breakfasts and lunches and what their charges are. Not hard, just time consuming. And I did not want to offer exactly what they offered. Nor did I want to make things too difficult for myself but at the same time I wanted some food items that might be unique to me. And on and on. I think I have it figured out. I ran it past Jordan and he thought the menu looked much like what he was offered by a catering company in Santa Barbara, CA. I hope that's a good thing, lol!

I placed a call to A woman named Laurie at Standards of Excellence Appliance Center about mid-afternoon. They are looking for a chef to do demos every other month. Andy, my neighbor called to tell me about it. The woman seemed very interested but was leaving on vacation so I have an interview June 1. It does pay, I am just not sure what it pays. Sandy thought the job was once a month, but Laurie said she changed it to every other month. We'll see what happens!

I made a Strawberry-Rhubarb Tart in the afternoon using puff pastry. I also mixed up some cookie dough (Fennel Spiced Cookies) that needed refrigeration before they could be baked. They have pine nuts placed decoratively on top. I also mixed up no-knead bread dough, making it a little drier than I usually do, just to see what changes occur in the final product.

Sandy, my neighbor, (or should I say my soon to be ex-neighbor) stopped in this morning to show me a recipe for Strawberry cookies. She got the recipe from Martha Stewart. She says they are fantastic. I'll have to give them a try. Sandy finished up my lemon bars and tried some of the mini Palmiers I made the day before. She thought maybe she should stop by every morning, lol.

Jordan thought I should take a dessert to Zozo's for them to sample. I did not have six inch cake tins, so I whipped up four inch chocolate cakes, with enough batter to make a Bundt cake too. I made little layer cakes (2) out of them, frosting them with a Chocolate Buttercream Cream Cheese frosting. They were cute, although once again I forgot to take pictures!! I did take one of the strawberry-rhubarb tart so I will come back to the blog and add that.

When I came down to breakfast this morning, there was a brand new Mac computer sitting on my placemat. It had a note that said, "Try me! Love, Jordan". Imagine my shock!! I have two weeks to decide if I like it or not. It will take some getting used to. Macs do not run the
same as a PC. So I did spend some time playing with the Mac and more time trying to straighten up my office. That will take some time I
think.

We did have dinner tonight at Zozo's and brought two 4-inch layer cakes with me. They got a very nice reception. The wait staff is really pulling for me, lol. It's very kind of them. Judy told me they are still working on figuring out what they pay. They are having computer issues. Again, it seems you do a lot of wait and see in this business and likely in most businesses. Gotta have faith it will all work out.

P. S. I finally did run out of quotes from my little book of inspirational thoughts. Just thought I'd let you know, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment