Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunday was the first nice day in a while. Both Jordan and I spent the morning on the computer (he for his students and me working with MenuMagic). We went out for a drive in the afternoon. The afternoon was gorgeous. There is still a lot of snow up in the mountains-six feet or more in some places. The sun reflecting off the snow covered mountains makes the snow look like meringue! A by-product of being wind whipped and melting, I am sure. We drove up to Donner Lake because Jordan wanted to touch the meringue for himself. And indeed the snow looks much different than we expected. It is coarse and even a chunk of snow looks likes diamonds reflecting off the sun. Amazing!

We drove to Lake Tahoe next via Truckee and Hwy 89. Very pretty drive and not too far away. We stopped at the CalNeva so Jordan could look at the facility for potential use for a seminar. Old, old facility, half in Nevada and half in California! We had a glass of wine there then came home.

Today I spent a lot of time on the computer, making sure all my paperwork was in order for the three jobs I have this week. I was going to start making cookies but it's a good thing I didn't! Anne emailed me in the afternoon saying she wanted all chocolate chip cookies, no variety packs. Oh, well, it will still be fun (1500 cookies and all). I did talk to Jay from Nothing To It. He is still on board with letting me use the kitchen at NTI. I think I have a mentor too, lol. I can use all the help I can get! I talked to my mom, too.

I ran some errands and stopped off in the Dollar Store, just to see what they had. I found some containers and a few other things. Always interesting to see what you can find! I spent part of the afternoon looking at recipes and reading about wine. Tomorrow I start my first day of work. How exciting! :-).

I did mix up cookie dough tonight. I am going to let it sit in the fridge to "age" until tomorrow, then start baking. From what I have read of late, cookie dough that is left in the fridge for up to three days is much better than dough baked right after it is mixed. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment