Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I was not exactly up early for work today, but I was up and around before 7am. I made breakfast, starting packing up my gear for my first personal chef job, making sure I had everything I needed. I could not seem to get out the door before 9am, however! I arrived at Whole Foods about 9:15am or so and started shopping. I don't shop there a lot so it sometimes took me a long time to find what I needed. Several times I had to ask where a certain something was. I arrived at my client's house about 10:45am and unpacked the car, then unpacked the groceries and my equipment.

I had six entrees to make, about 8 side dishes and one dessert. I was not fast today, nor was I totally organized but that was helpful in pointing out some things I need to work on, like packing better. I am not very mobile yet so I have some work to do!

I just kept up slow and steady. I made Chicken with pancetta and sun-dried tomatoes, poached salmon in a creamy mushroom sauce, beef kabobs with peanut sauce, Turkey saltimbocca, Spaghetti alla Carbonara and Farro with butternut squash and chestnuts. Some were easy, some were harder but I think they all turned out well. I took a picture of the carbonara so I'll post that tomorrow. I was so slow that Michael came home from work before I was done, so one of his meals was a la minute ( made after he walked in the door!). He was very complimentary. And I had fun today!

But after dinner (and a run to the store for Janell, who hurtnher back), it's time for bed. I'm exhausticated again! All in all a good day, a good learning experience and hopefully Michael got some good meals out of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment