Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Funny how the cat determines how late Jordan and I sleep, lol. He wants one of us up at 5:30am to feed him (I think he is a Hobbit-with first breakfast, second breakfast, first lunch, etc..)then we need to be up by 8am. If Jordan is up, the cat thinks I should be too! So I was up before 8am, had a nice oatmeal breakfast (it's still cold!!) and got to work on website content. I finally wrote a note to the GoDaddy.com people stating I knew they needed information from me in order to put together a website, but I seem to be coming up with all the content and all the photos and the lay out of each page. What was I paying for?! We'll see what they say...

I had lunch with Ric today at (!!!) Arlington Gardens. He had a business proposition for me. Some of the Reno Silver Blade members would like me to cook (along with several others) at a fund raiser they are having next month. The club wants to sell tickets for a Friday evening meal, having fencing demonstrations and attempt to get volunteers for the Summer Nationals (for fencing) which are being held once again in Reno. I told him yes, that I would cook, but am not in a position to donate both ingredients and time, but that I would donate my time. He was agreeable to that and that I would also have the opportunity to feature my business. We'll see what the other people cooking would like to do before we decide what I will cook/bring. I also gave him some ideas of what needs to be done if he is going to sell food to the public (and do you serve drinks, etc along with dinner?). Lots for Ric to figure out and to do!

I stopped by Surgery Center of Reno after lunch. They had a check for me. Yeah!! nice to finally be making some money. I hope it continues to grow from here. I have one steady client with a second client with at least once a month work. Now I just need a few more clients! I am very thankful for the work I do have and that almost everyone has been very complimentary and encouraging.

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on web content. I am trying to develop a corporate menu for breakfast and lunch. I think I will start there. No sense jumping feet first into the deep end. I can always expand my menus. The personal chef menus are by example. Each client will be given meals tailored to their needs and desires, so it's easiest to just give examples of what I can do. And then there is the dilemma of making the same foods as everyone else. I think I would rather offer food that you don't see everyday without getting out of hand as far as ingredients and amount of work to be done. A little more refined, I guess, is what I am going for, tending toward my classic culinary training.

We had Beef Bourgoignon for dinner tonight. I made some extra yesterday. It was quite good, I think. My client liked it, Janell liked it and Jordan liked it. I had to add more meat to our meal, as I had a lot of leftover sauce, but not that much meat. It all worked out and everyone seems to be happy!

I like my new office. The cat apparently does too. He sleeps at my feet while I work on my computer. The afternoon sun, however, shines in so bright I cannot see my computer screen, so I will have to put something on the windows (Jordan never did put real blinds or curtains in here, just paper blinds on the bottom half of the windows). But that can wait a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment