Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Through love, through friendship, A heart lives more than one life.". -Anais Nin

Today was the day of the cookie. We slept in this morning, both of us more tired than we realized. After breakfast, I started mixing more chocolate chip cookie dough. I am in the process of making almost 1500 cookies! 20 boxes of four dozen cookies each and 10 boxes of two dozen cookies each. A LOT of cookies! Mixing the dough is the easy part. Although there really is no hard part to making cookies. I have a small scoop I use to scoop them out, making them, one, of a consistent sized; and two, making them "pretty". After my last cookie scoop stripped it's gears, I bought another one. Jordan did fix the first cookie scoop but now is not the time to find out it no longer works!

My sister, Janell, came over with her wire cooling racks and the bowl to her Kitchenaid to see if I could speed things up a bit. She also brought lunch-Burger King. I can't even remember the last time I had Burger King! We decided to take a break and go look at Kohl's for cooking and serving pieces. I bought two small square bar cookie trays, a medium sized platter, some other serving pieces and socks (and PJs). It was a nice break.

All in all, I made 200 cookies today before I ran out of eggs. Only 1300 more to go, lol. (Oh, no!!!). I'll start again tomorrow.

I did get a call from the gentleman Lara told me about yesterday-Bill. I told him what I did, how much I charged, etc. He says he needs to think about it. He wants fresh meals every day, which means cooking twice a week for him. He also does not want me to cook at his house, I think I can accommodate him. So I'll wait to hear back from him tomorrow. Dr. Lynch also sent me a nice note, complimenting my cooking from Thursday evening. That was very nice of him. We'll see what work he brings my way. Now all I need to do (besides bake cookies) is organize my office.

I roasted pork for dinner tonight with a little Cranberry-Port sauce that was extra from Thursday, made some rice and had broccoli as a side. Very good dinner! And now it's bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment