Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saturday Jordan and I spent most of the day packing up our offices and moving. Me downstairs, Jordan upstairs, each of us taking care of our own "stuff" unless we needed help moving something heavy (I needed more help than he did, lol). There is a little more room downstairs and I think all my cooking things will fit nicely once I get some shelving units. Gotta keep organized! Saturday evening I think we were too tired to do much of anything but eat dinner, talk and listen to classical music (Jordan's favorite). we did not get the wall outside painted like we were suppose to because of the chance of rain Saturday. Hopefully this next week it will get done. Jordan had the concrete block wall stuccoed then painted but the original color they used was too pink. SO, this next color is closer to the house color so should look nice.

Sunday we slept in (nice!). Jordan made breakfast-steak and eggs. He does a nice job with breakfast and makes the prettiest fruit plates I've ever seen! I did a little shopping with Janell, then came home to make my vegetable dish and assemble the cake for Ric's birthday. He asked for an angel food cake with whipped cream frosting then wanted the cake studded with strawberries. All kinds of visions came into my head about what that would look like, so I came up with my own version, lol. I frosted the cake with a combination of whipped cream and cream cheese, the slice large strawberries in half and lined them pointed side up along the bottom of the cake. Then I cut up with rest of the strawberries and mixed them with some Grand Marnier liquer and brown sugar and filled the center of the angel food cake with them so they mounded up on the top of the cake and "spilled" over onto the top of the cake. Everyone seemed to like it! My vegetable dish used sautéed onions, eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash in a casserole. It was held together with a mix of eggs, cream, balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese, then baked. Nice flavor! A good time was had by all at Ric's birthday party.

Now it's bedtime. Tomorrow is another day, as Scarlet O'hara would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment