Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday, May 8, 2011

It was kinda cold today! It did not rain though. We got up late, had breakfast and then I went to Walmart to get more eggs and pecans. Can't make cookies without those two things, at least I can't make the chocolate chip cookies I have been making.

When I got back, I started in baking cookies again. I made an additional seven boxes today, all containing four dozen cookies. I am almost done!! I miss counted so only have six more boxes to go. It hasn't been bad though, because I love baking!

After dinner, Jordan asked me what I was going to do with the baby lemons and limes I bought last week. Good question! So I got out my recipe books and found two recipes to try. One was for a lemon cake from the San Francisco paper, that Michael had given me years ago. As I remember, it was quite good! So that's one recipe. (I ended up with more juice and zest that I thought I was going to get!) So I am making lemon bars also. They sound yummy but this will be a new recipe. So after baking cookies most of the day, I am now baking lemon dessert for recreational purposes, lol. Ah, well, it is fun, for me anyway. I realize now everyone likes to bake or cook for that matter.

No word today from Bill, the man who wanted five meals a week cooked for him. Ca La Vie! (just pretend you can speak French and I can spell in French!)

No comments:

Post a Comment