Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wednesday morning I was up early for a road trip with Michael. Off we went to Fallon (to the DMV there where we were out in about five minutes!!), then drove through Gold Hill and Virginia City before returning to Reno. Before lunch, we stopped off William Sonoma and Pottery Barn and Juniper Hill. Then lunch at Cafe de Thai. The food really is very good there. Guess it's time to write a review. I haven't done much writing lately for examiner.com. I better get busy! We shared lettuce wraps, but they were not the usually lettuce wraps. They had tuna inside with veggies with lettuce wrapped around that. The chef then took rice paper to wrap around the lettuce and sliced them like a sushi roll. Very creative! And very tasty! Michael had a Thai salad with a peanut dressing and I had smoked shrimp with wide noodles in a brown sauce. Very flavorful. Much of the menu is spicy but they have other choice. Yum!

Then it was home to try and get some work done. Checking emails, organizing receipts and making an attempt to pay myself back for all I've spent so far to get my business started. I actually have some new money in the bank, lol!

Today, I ran errands in the morning but it was so windy and so cold, I only did what I had to do then came home. Hard to imagine this cold, windy weather the end of May! I spent much of the day trying to work with the new Mac computer and trying to determine if any of the personal chef software out there would work with Macs. Not an easy task. Most of the software has been formulated for PCs. I also made files and organized bills, my business license, ServSafe certificate, and clients. Of course, there is always something that needs done. I do need to vacuum though, lol.

I made Eggplant Parmigiana for dinner. I had made some for Michael as one of his dinners. It sounded good, so I made some for dinner. Another yum! Jordan had an 8pm phone conference with one of his students, so we ate late. Ah, well, at least I got to eat a good meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment