Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I awoke to another sunny day-good start! We are making our way through Blueberry Crumb Cake at breakfast. It turned out very moist and still tastes the same as the day I made it. Keeps well, that's a good sign!

We walked to the beach about 9am and were out for about an hour or more when it started to rain/sprinkle. It did not look like it was going to clear up soon, so we walked back to the condo. By the time we got home it was sunny again. Whataya gonna do? We drove down to the grocery store for a few supplies then came back. Just in time to make lunch.


Lunch today was Beef Crostini with Port-Sultana Relish. Yum! I used some sliced ribeye steak, quick seared, then put them on top of crostini spread with homemade Dijonaisse. On top of that, the Port Sultana Relish with chopped celery leaf garnish. I never cease to be amazed at the wonderful variety of flavors and flavor combinations there are in this world. Yum, yum, yum!


I talked to my sister, Janell, for a long while in the afternoon. She's going to a job interview tomorrow, just wanted to wish her luck. I watched an episode of NCIS (I like that program, lol), then made dessert for dinner tonight--Brownie Surprise Pudding Cake. This is the second recipe out of the cookbook I brought with me called "Small Batch Baking". It contains recipes for two servings. Pretty cool! And you don't always need special pans. The author recommends alluminum cans of various sizes as well as mini loaf pans and 4 inch tart pans. The recipes I've made so far have been very good.

For dinner tonight I made Duck Breast with Citrus-Cherry Sauce, Potatoes Anna and Asparagus with Orange Vinaigrette. Very tasty! Another hit, lol. And it's always nice to get compliments about my cooking! Dessert also turned out well. Somehow the batter separates so there is a pudding level and a cake level. Cakey but creamy. The chemistry in that always amazes me, lol.


Jordan texted me, he's in Washington, D.C. for two days. Like I said, crazy busy man.

Tomorrow we go out to dinner, woo hoo! At the Banyon Tree in the Ritz Carlton. With Robert, the Frenchman as our waiter. Sure to be a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment