Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday, February 11, 2012

It was really windy last night. I am amazed sometimes at how windy it gets here. I was awakened several times during the night by the noise of not only the wind whistling through the loose spaces of this condo, but also the rattling of wooden slats at the windows. If I didn't know better, I'd think there was a winter snow storm going on!

Seemed like it was cloudy most of the day (although it depended on what window you were looking out of at the time, lol). Kind of a lazy day today. I wrote two articles for examiner.com and lost track of the time. Before I knew it, it was time to make lunch!

Lunch today was a French Ratatouille. Eggplant, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, and bell pepper all sautéed in olive oil and seasoned with basil, parsley, salt and pepper. It comes together quickly. Add some grated Parmesan cheese and you're set. Vegetables never tasted so good!


The afternoon was taken up with making pastry dough for tarts, then an apricot filling. Once the dough had chilled enough, I put them together with sliced almonds, then baked them along with the last of the puff pastry cups. I'm going to put the what remains of the apple-rosemary filling into the pastry cup, then bake it again.


After baking, I watched HGTV for a bit (love decorating), sat out on the lanai, then got ready to make dinner. Got my picture taken making dinner. Where else can you wear shorts to cook (unless of course you are Mario Batali)?

Tonight it was Seared Steak with Bernaise Sauce, Paprika Roasted Potatoes and Maple-Glazed Carrots. My Bernaise was a little thin but very tasty. Dessert was of course, the Apricot-Almond Tart with a little ice cream on the side. I was very full by the time dinner was over, lol!



Another beautiful sunset tonight, athough I look at the pictures I take and realize the small camera does not do justice to the views. Guess I need those big cameras you see the Japanese carrying around, with the huge lens in order to get great pictures, lol. It will be an early night tonight, I think.


Tomorrow-marathon grocery shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment