Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday, February 3, 2012

Up about 7am, a cup of coffee, check emails. I elected to have an egg with toast this morning. Sometimes change is good, lol.

Went to the beach about 9:30am. The walk is all down hill. It's not until it's time to go back that you remember the climb to get back to the condo. Didn't see any whales this morning but a lot of surfers and guys with boogie boards. It's fascinating to watch these guys, especially if they are any good at surfing (I certainly couldn't do it!).


I wrote two articles today for examiner.com. Did you know today was National Carrot Ckae Day? Me neither. But it is, so I wrote about it. Carrot pudding and carrot cake became popular during WWII when luxury items like sugar were scarce and rationed. Apparently carrot cake is still served at Christmas time in England. I also wrote an article about romantic places to have dinner on Valentine's Day.

By that time, it was lunch time. We had a Mediterranean Salad: arugula, fennel, prosciutto, green onions and cherries (it aw suppose to have pomegranates but there were none to be found on Maui). Pretty good. Arugula has a very peppery taste but the peppery flavor is tempered by the vinaigrette.


I did nursing CEUs in the afternoon and watched some TV for an hour. At 5pm, it was time to start dinner. Cornish Game Hen with Mushroom Sauce, Baked Rice and Green Beans with Creme Fraiche. Very filling, very tasty! Nice sauce on the game hen, I would definitely make this again. The original French recipe calls for quail, but since that is not readily available, Cornish hen is a good alternative, just serve half a hen. We were too full from dinner so I did not make the Profiteroles. We had Rum Raisin ice cream instead. Coats the stomach, as my father used to say!


I talked with Jordan for a short while. He's had a hard week and Ah Choo is getting him up in the middle of the night. "I saw a ghost, really, I did", the cat says as Jordan jokes about Ah Choo's 2am wake ups. Hope the cat settles down.


For now, bedtime. Good night from paradise.....

No comments:

Post a Comment