Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday, February 26, 2012

As it turns out, I did not go to my ACLS class Saturday. I was just too tired and felt ill-prepared to take the all day class. It still needs to be done before the end of February so I'll take it online after I study a bit more. Taking ACLS always stresses me out. It's not easy!

Instead of taking the class, I finished my taxes and caught up on bills and mail. I had lunch with Janell, taking her out for her birthday (which was Wednesday). I came back home, studied ACLS for a while then finished my examiner.com article on Nutrisystem and Chef Mark Estee (a local chef).

I made chicken for dinner, roasted, with potatoes and broccoli, all roasted. I am always amazed at how much better vegetables taste when they are roasted.

Sunday I slept late. I think it's official, I have a sinus infection. Even my face hurts! Everyone around me has been sick, so why not me? Hope it goes away quickly!

I downloaded some updates on my computer last night and now this morning it won't start. I took it to the Apple Store and was told there was something wrong with my "logic board". Doesn't sound good! Apple is a good product, I just think I got a lemon. They are sending it out for repair. The computer is still under warrenty so it won't cost me anything. I've had it less than a year! Jordan thinks I should just get a new computer. We'll see.

Before dinner I mixed up a batch of "Compost cookie dough". The recipe is from the Momofuko cookbook I bought in Hawaii. Momofuko Milk Bar is one of several Momofuko restaurants in NYC but their only bakery. Let's just say, all the recipes intrigue me, they are so unusual. The cookies have the usual butter and flour and sugar, eggs and vanilla, but also chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coffee grounds (unused fresh grounds), potato chips, preztels and graham cracker crust. Amazing, right? But kind of weird at the same time! I'll bake them up after dinner.

Dinner was Ratatouille and seared pork tenderloin. Simple but healthy and tasty. I love Ratatouille! After dinner I did bake up the cookies. They spread out more than I thought they would and they are big cookies, but with all the "stuff" there is in the dough, it's hard to make them smaller. Jordan thought they tasted just ok. Maybe I'll try them out on a few other people.


Going to bed now. Can't add any pictures until I get my computer back. Most unfortunate!

No comments:

Post a Comment