Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lots of rain today. What a surprise (after a quickly revised weather forcast by the news and weather people)! We waited for a break in weather then headed out to Foodland to grocery shop for the week. Lots to buy, although this is my last week on Maui, coming up. It's gone very quickly, I am sad to say....

After Foodland, we stopped by Barnes and Noble to buy Starbuck's ground coffee and the NY Times. Believe it or not, Barnes and Noble is easier to get to than the Starbuck's in Lahaina. I also got a Salted Caramel Mocha Frappacino. Hmm, hmm, good! Haven't had a Starbuck's specialty drink in a very long time.

I talked with Jordan when we returned to the condo. He's had a tough week, poor guy! Doesn't sound like this next week will be much better.

Lunch was a pasta salad with marinated artichokes, pepperdew peppers, mozzarella cheese, arugula, beef strips and a lemon vinaigrette. Not too heavy, with a nice mix of flavors. Another yum!


I looked over my ACLS study materials for a while, but with the rain, a nap seemed more appropriate, so that's what I did. Another lazy day...

At 5pm, I started dinner. Chicken Roulade with a Shallot-Sun dried Tomato-Wine Sauce-chicken breast spread with Bousin cheese (chives and herb flavored) which is then rolled around asparagus stalks (2) and baked. I served it with Couscous Pilaf (couscous with roasted eggplant, golden raisins, shallots and a cinnamon-cumin vinaigrette. I made this for a cooking demo when I worked for Standards of Excellence back in November last year. It turned out well, though not quite the same, as I used a Miele steam oven at SOE and an electric stove here. Dessert was bread pudding with Caramel Sauce.


Not much else to report today. And no sunset picture tonight, too many clouds. I'll be doing some baking tomorrow, my favorite thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment