Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I woke up to a sunny day!! Very nice!

We went out to breakfast this morning so we could run some errands early on and avoid traffic congestion (yes, paradise has it's heavy traffic, dispite having two lanes of traffice in places). We went back to the same restaurant. I usually love going out to breakfast but when I know I can do a much better job cooking, it makes me not want to go out. Sad day!

After returning to the Rdige, we went to the pool. Beautiful day! And Junie Jun was there! With her mother, Sandra. Junie had a great time playing in the pool. Such a cutie!

Lunch was Chile Lime Crab Salad served on sliced tomatoes. It was paired with tortilla chips. We thought the crab salad would be great served ON the tortilla chips as an appetizer. Yummy! The salad went together quickly-mix flaked crab with diced avocado and minced shallots, then toss with a lime-jalepeno-cilantro vinaigrette. Easy peasy as Chef Lexie used to say in school.


I read in the afternoon, but mostly sat outside on the lanai. Such a beautiful, sunny day! I did make bread pudding after lunch. We had half a loaf of white bread in the fridge that didn't get eaten in a timely fashion, so you either throw it away, make bread crumbs or croutons or make bread pudding. Bread pudding sounded like a great idea! I readied the potatoes for dinner as they needed to bake for several hours, then talked with Jordan.

Dinner was Seasoned Steak with a Red Wine Balsamic Reduction, French Bakery-style potatoes and sautéed kale. after eating dinner, I made a caramel sauce using butter and brown sugar. Quick and easy, although you have to let it cook long enough for the brown sugar to dissolve or it tastes gritty (tonight it was a little gritty, I must admit).



Time for bed.....



No comments:

Post a Comment