Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday, February 5, 2012

We were up with the sun and there were already people not only sitting on the beach in their beach chairs, but people surfing, using boogie boards and paddle boards. Amazing! But I suppose if you have a finite amount of time for vacation, you want to use every minute. Lots of people in Waikiki with lots of babies!


Did I mention my other favorite thing about the Royal Hawaiian? The bed! Wonderful, soft, fluffy pillows! And the bed was so comfortable. I don't want to stay forever at the Royal Hawaiian, but I would pack up the bedfans take it with me if I could, lol! No such luck. Ah, well...

We had breakfast on the beach, then walked over to get my iPad looked at at the Apple Store. Turns out I was running out of memory because my apps didn't close when I thought they did! At least I now know what to do and how to clean things up.


A relaxing rest of the day, then back to Maui. Our plane was late (again). I don't have much faith that Island Air runs very efficiently! There is somewhat the same "island brain" here as there was in the Caribbean--people not really worried about when or if something gets done. It would make me crazy to live here year round!

I roasted chickpeas as we watched the rest of the Super Bowl. I took one can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained them, then rinsed them, then patted them dry and put them in a bowl. I then sprinkled them with 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and 1/2 Tbsp of cumin powder. Toss to mix. I put a foil lined cookie sheet spread with a couple Tbsp of olive oil and heated the cookie sheet in a 450 degree oven for a couple of minutes, then put the chickpeas on the cookie sheet and baked them for about 12-14 minutes. Put them in a bowl to cool slightly, then serve warm. Yum!!

Dinner was Salmon with Sliced Zucchini wrapped in parchment paper and baked for 12 minutes. The salmon was flavored with lemon slices, a little butter, salt, pepper, shallot slices and fresh dill (from the pool area). I also roasted some potatoes to go with it. Dessert? Chocolate cake! We still have some left.


It's an early night tonight. Nice to be back on Maui safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment