Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Another warm day with vog. Vog is like smog, but caused when the winds come out of the south and blow "volcanic ash" from the big island thru the air to the other islands. Makes the landscape look hazy, like LA smog!

We took a walk around the complex after breakfast (the proverbial morning constitutional, lol) then I came back and made chocolate chip cookies. By the time I finished the cookies, it was time for lunch. I made Sweet Potato Soup with Mascarpone and Rosemary. I am adding that to my recipe list on this blog. It was very yummy! We finished the chicken from last night also.


I talked to Michele and Janell (both sisters) in the afternoon. Before dinner I made Oatmeal Raisin Muffins. And once those were done, I made Pasta Ponzo. Curly pasta with a roasted cherry tomato and caper sauce. It turned out well. Everyone was pleased!


Otherwise, nothing new in paradise. Warm humid weather (80-82), sunny skies, slight breezes and bugs (just a few). Lots of singing birds, a few butterflies and a myriad of flowers. It's Hawaii!


No comments:

Post a Comment