Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I had an interview at Carson Tahoe Hospital yesterday for a weekend position in the OR. Trying to build up a savings account again by taking a nursing job. Things went well and I think they want to hire me but they have yet to make an offer. They have one more person to interview. The only drawback for them, is that I can't start until after February 21. Guess we'll see what happens!

I had dinner with one of my old SCOR co-workers, Jen. We went to Campo. I haven't been there since the grand opening. I walked in at 5:20pm, was greeted nicely but asked if I had a reservation. "A reservation for dinner in Reno?", I asked. And the answer was yes! According to the hostess, they have limited seating if you walk in with no reservation. And sure enough, by the time 6:30pm rolled around, the place was packed! What a surprise, but good for the restaurant. We split the Arancini filled with diced seafood, then shared pasta with a wild boar sauce and a sweet Italian sausage pizza. The rice in the arancini was undercooked, which made it more crunchy than creamy. The entrees were good though. We ordered dessert-bread pudding and caramel budino (Italian pudding). The budino was good but the bread pudding was dry! We were both surprised about that. We had a great time catching up. Apparently SCOR is considering hiring me per diem to work in pre-admit. We'll see what happens ere too. No offers to date.

I made bread today. A recipe variation of no knead bread. The recipe came from Chuck Hughes, a NYC chef who also has a show on the Cooking Channel. This recipe had half whole wheat flour in it and was a very wet dough. It baked up nicely and made two loaves, but my favorite is still Jim Lahey's No Knead Bread. I really like the artisan type bread best.

I made a trip down to the Apple store. My computer had an issue last night and I wanted it checked out. I learned a few things about the care of a Mac computer (although not much upkeep there). They couldn't find anything wrong with it. Ok by me!

The rest of the day was spent going through my "stuff" in an effort to pare down what I own in anticipation of a move to somewhere TBD. Getting rid of things is kind of cleansing!

No comments:

Post a Comment