Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday, January 23, 2012

I am back in Paradise.

We went grocery shopping this morning. Groceries for this week, anyway! There will be more shopping to do next week, lol. They have a store called "Farmland" in Ka'anapoli that is similar to Whole Foods but has a better gourmet selection. I really like this store. And I found Speck there!! Speck is a type of Spanish ham that is smoked. Yummy! I am going to use the Speck tomorrow to wrap around slices of pear to serve for lunch.

When we got back to the condo (which by the way is up a flight of stairs! Guess I'll be getting more exercise staying at this condo, lol.) I got groceries put away, read some emails, then made lunch. I made a Broccoli-Cheddar Frittata for lunch. Nice and light! And served it on a bed of Romaine dressed with a simple viniagrette.


After lunch I made "Crack Pie", a recipe from Momofuko's Milk Bar (momofuko meals "lucky peach in Japanese), a restaurant in NYC. It sounded kind of crazy but interesting. You make an oatmeal cookie (just spread the cookie dough on one big cookie sheet then bake it for about 15 minutes) first, let it cool, then break it apart and whooze it around in a food processor with a little sugar and salt. You add a little butter to the cookie crumbs, then press it into a pie pan. It is filled with a caramel-like cream filling made with white sugar, brown sugar, butter, egg yolks, cream and vanilla. Then you bake the pie for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, then 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes. The pie is cooled then refrigerated to "set" the center. It is suppose to come out ooey gooey creamy. I'll let you know, lol! My crust baked up over some of the filling, don't know if that's good or bad?




Dinner tonight is Bread Crumb-Olive Crusted Fish (Ahi) with French Rice and Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes with Caramelized Garlic. Will add a picture later.

No comments:

Post a Comment