Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I was up by 7am-late when you consider there is a two hour difference in time from here to Reno. We went for a walk to the beach after breakfast. The beach it's about a five minute walk from the condo, all downhill. The only hard part is coming back-all uphill!


Lunch was pear slices wrapped in Speck (a smokey Spanish ham) served with slices of Pecorino Romano and La Panzanella crackers. I cleaned up the kitchen, then read and did research on the web.


Dinner was Spicy Chicken on a bed of Romaine, avocado and corn, with a warm spicy vinaigrette. I had made the vinaigrette about 4pm and let it sit. That let the flavors meld together so it ended up being a great salad. I would repeat this salad again. It called for fresh cilantro, so I walked down to the pool area (for whatever reason, the complex keeps herbs in large containers in both pool areas. I managed to get into the pool area but my key would work to open the gate to let me out! Thought I might be stuck there, but used the card on the keychain to open the gate (just like in the movies, lol!). Finally got out!


Dessert was crack pie. It really is addictive, all caramelly and buttery! Time to give the rest away, lol.

Sunset in Maui tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment