Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today was kind of a lazy day. I got a call at 7am this morning from Amy, someone I used to work with while I was at SCOR. She works for Regent and is looking for an assistant. She asked me to apply for the position, so I did. It would be full time. Again, we'll see.

I also received a call from a company called Advantix. They do occupational medicine for General Motors. And as it happens, General Motors has a distribution center here in Reno. No manufacturing, just distribution. The position is what they call per diem, however, it would just be filling in for sick calls and vacations. No garunteed hours of any kind. We talked for a long time and I told her I was leaving town on Sunday for a month, so she plans on calling me when I get back in town to see what my situation is (job-wise) at that time.

Not to be too dramatic, but I have cast my net out for jobs and I'll just have to see what happens when I return, the end of February.

Dinner tonight was a beef stir fry with onions, broccoli, carrots and some cabbage in a soy-sesame sauce. I served it with white rice. It turned out well. Jordan brought home some baklava from a bakery in Carson City. It was pretty good but a little doughy. Doughy is not a word I would associate with baklava but there you have it. It was rolled instead of laid out in a sheet and cut, which could account for the doughiness (is that even a word?). It had a nice flavor, though.

Tomorrow I bake a chocolate cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment