Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday, January 30, 2012

Up at 7am with a breakfast of coffee and an Oatmeal Raisin muffin. I worked on CEUs for nursing relicensure this morning. I have 2 hours down and only 28 more to go, lol. I figure if I work on it a little each day, I'll be fine. My license renews in April.

I received a call from Carson Tahoe saying they found another nurse to fill their weekend slot, so I won't be getting that job. At least they called me! I wasn't left "hanging".

After the "strenuous" mental work out, we went to the pool for an hour and a half. I have color! It did rain off and on today but we had nice weather for the pool. After the pool, lunch time!

Since there was no lamb for meatballs, we went with beef and I switched out the mint for cilantro. Both pool areas have fresh herbs growing in barrels, so it is great to walk to the pool and just pick fresh herbs as I need them. One of the advantages of paradise! We had local island kale (from the store) that I blanched in water. We then wrapped the kale around the meatballs, dolmades style (Greek grape leaves filled with meat). Pretty tasty, actually.



A lazy afternoon of reading, then dinner. I made Seared Duck Breast with sautéed artichoke hearts, shallots and garlic. The duck was also served with a balsamic reduction. Yum! I served that with twice baked potatoes. Not as much duck fat was cooked out with searing it in a skillet, so I think that next time I'll make the duck like we did in school. The duck was seared, skin side down in a skillet, then baked off in the oven on a wire rack to keep the meat above the fat that cooked off. Much better, I think. But--you live and learn as they say. There was left over chocolate cake for dessert (cal surprise, lol). I must say, the chocolate cake was much better tonight than it was yesterday. Note to self: Most cakes seem to get better with age.



Turn in early to shower, talk to Jordan and read before bed. Another day in paradise.......

No comments:

Post a Comment