Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday, January 5, 2011

All in all, a quiet couple of days. I have been working online, wrote an article for examiner.com, looking for work, took down the Christmas decorations (I did NOT want to face that job after I got back from LA), mailed a package, ran some errands, had lunch with Ric Wednesday (Ric has called me twice and both times I was out of town!) at Arlington Gardens, paid bills, went to the bank, cleaned two bathrooms, vacuumed the downstairs, answered an email from "Hireachef.com"-a woman wanting to know how much a private chef costs in Reno, and took a friend to the airport at 5:15am this morning. No wonder I'm tired!

I have not had any culinary work for over a week but must admit I have not pursued anything (other than SCOR to check when their next meetings and marketing are going to take place). I return to Maui January 22 for a month, so won't be available really, until after I come back February 21. I do have a job interview next week for a nursing position. I need to build up a savings again. It would be part time so I could still do all my usual culinary work (plus more, I hope!). We'll see....

I've been looking online and reading to see what the food trends are for 2012. According to Inc.com, the best industries for starting a business right now are in candy, iPhone apps, education, alternative energy and technology. Interesting combinations, lol. They claim candy is recession proof. Maybe I need to start making candy! Janell thought I should start with Fleur de Sel Caramels, lol. As I said earlier, it's time to make a living, not just make money. Still looking for my exact niche.

No comments:

Post a Comment