Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Saturday we got up late. Jordan has been working long hours so we both needed the sleep. After breakfast (homemade yogurt, which really did turn well-strawberry flavored made in a yogurt maker by EasiYo, a New Zealand company) I started laundry then baked up the No Knead dough I put together yesterday.






Once the bread was done, I made the frosting the Gary's birthday cake. Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream frosting. The first batch wasn't dark enough, so after I added the crumb-coat (a thin layer of frosting spread over the outside of the cake to contain the crumbs that come off the cake when you start putting a frosting layer on it) so I added more cocoa. I did swirls on top of the cake and added cake crumbs to the sides of the cake.



I finished laundry and packed my bag, took a shower and got ready for Gary's birthday party. While I was packing, I had a plastic container of sweaters on the bed. Ah Choo decided to get into the container but made it tumble off the bed. When I turned around, he had become trapped under the container, looking for a way out! Poor kitty, lol!



At 6:15pm we headed to Kasia and Gary's house for a meal of Hamburger Stroganoff. One of Gary's favorite meals. Good meal, good friends. We left about 9pm because I couldn't stay awake any longer and we had to get up at 3:30am to get to the airport by 4:30am.

Sunday morning we were up before the alarm went off. Got dressed, ate some yogurt and Jordan took me to the airport. The flights to Maui were packed! No first class this time, I'm afraid. The trip, however, went smoothly and My friend was there to pick me up at the airport. We headed off to Costco for a few things like meat and wine. When we checked out, it turns out they almost turned us down because they said we had an old card (I had forgotten Michele lost her card and replaced it while Janell and I were visiting with my mom. They got us the new number and a new card-Michele's name, my picture, lol.

From Costco, it was back to the condo. It is a different condo than the one I was at before. The kitchen is definitely smaller and the unit is older (think 1970s, lol), but it still is nice and it's MAUI! Got to make some sacrifices, lol.

For dinner, I got to go out to Merriman's restaurant. We sat outside, on the patio (lanai, I guess they call it). Lovely meal! Fantastic wine and seafood.... We watched the sun go down and took a picture, then I texted the picture to Jordan (he had to go to chilly Boise!).


Thus begins my Maui adventures.....

No comments:

Post a Comment