Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Friday I did computer work and laundry, then went and had lunch with Janell at Macaroni Grille and did some grocery shopping. Otherwise a quiet day (again, lol), with dinner at home with Jordan.

Saturday cleaning and baking day. I made the Spiced Walnuts Janell had asked for- three pounds worth of nuts! Then I baked a cake-chocolate with strawberry buttercream frosting. That I baked just because I wanted it! Here's the picture-what do you think??


The layers are quite thick, so I could have split the layers in two for a total of four layers of cake, but I was concerned I would run out of frosting! Anyway, I am happy with the cake, and Jordan likes it too.

Jordan and I had dinner at La Strada at the El Dorado. I haven't been there in a very long time. Jordan had a Ceasar Salad and I had the antipasto plate (actually served on a long cutting board). Then we splt a half order of Mushroom Ravioli in a Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce and the Oven Smoked Salmon with Butter Beans and Swiss Chard. All quite good.

I didn't sleep all that well Saturday night so was tired this morning and took my time getting out of bed. Jordan made oatmeal this morning, then went off to work at UNR until afternoon. When he came back home, we took a drive to Portola so we could stop at Chalet View Lodge. He wanted to see if they still had the same chef they had nine months agao (Lizzie Parker). Looks like she might be leaving Chalet View. Too bad. We had some coffee there, took a look around, then drove back to Reno. A beautiful day! Only thing left to do is eat dinner, then go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment