Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Today was filled with errands. After breakfast and checking my emails, I dug out my sewing machine and dropped it off at SCOR for my friend Neda to use while I am in Maui. She makes purses (and does a great job) and apparently burned the motor out of her sewing machine. From SCOR it was on to St Mary's Hospital to buy an ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Supposrt) book. I have been out of nursing for the last year and a half and am taking an ACLS class the week I get back from Maui. I'll need all the help I can get! I bought the book from Shawn, a nurse I used to work with in the ER at St Mary's. It was like old home week! Shawn is now one of the educators at St. Mary's.

I had lunch with Ric at Arlington Gardens. In all fairness to Ric, he did ask if I wanted to go somewhere else but I said Arlington Gardens was fine-I don't usually go there. I had a roast beef sandwich with a blue cheese pine nut spread that was very tasty. Chips on the side. I did indulge in dessert, an Italian wedding cake. Yellow cake layered with raspberry jam and buttercream. Yum!

After lunch I drove down to The Grove on Foothill Rd. it's a private event. Enter that's been around about three years. They also do on and off site catering. The building it wood and stone-quite pretty, with a large bar area, great room for events like weddings, meetings and seminars and a large stone patio with a raised covered area for weddings or for lunching on the patio. Ruthie is the event salesperson and was quite helpful. She even let me see their kitchen! Jordan is looking at sites for seminars and had asked me to check it out. I was curious about it anyway. I had found The Grove while searching the web for catering prices in Reno while I was on Maui in December and trying to figure out what to charge a client for appetizer trays.

From The Grove, I went to Macy's and bought a gift certificate. I spent a little time looking around (big shoe sale!) then came home.

I checked emails again and had an email from Carolyn (the nurse who took my place at SCOR) asking if I would make 80 favor boxes filled with four cake truffles for an AORN seminar February 25. She wants red velvet and Oreo flavors. Of course I said yes. As a friend reminded me recently, caterers never say no, lol. Guess I'll be busy the week I get back!

I spent about an hour detangling the fringe on the living room throw while watching NCIS. I can't even remember how it got that way but I finally got tired of looking at it! Ah Choo loves when I sit on the couch-then I can rub his tummy. Cute cat!

I made pork chops with sweet and sour red cabbage and roasted potatoes for dinner. Jordan was late getting home, so the pork ended up a little dry from sitting too long. It was still good, though.

A little reading (I finished my mystery novel) and then bed. We'll see what tomorrow brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment