Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I didn't tell you all that Sunday, I was moved to the Pasqueflower (pronounced pass flower) room at Capitol Hill. It's up on the third floor (no elevators). It's at the front of the house with the bathroom set in the round tower at the corner of the house. It has a very large round whirlpool tub and is closed off from the rest of the room by French doors. It has four long narrow window trimmed in wide oak trim overlooking the front yard. There is a small sitting area, a queen sized bed, a small inset area in the wall where a flat screen TV sets and a side table with a lamp, hot teakettle and coffee/tea service. Quite nice.

I was up early again and went downstairs to make breakfast. As there were all new guests, Carl asked me to repeat the Nutella Stuffed French toast. (So much for pancakes!). Poor Carl overcooked the bacon this morning so had to do it all over again! Since I had nothing to do until guests came down (we saved the Creme Brûlée mix from Monday), I started baking. I made Apricot scones, Apple Raisin Bran muffins and a Banana Apricot Tart. Along with the Chocolate Chip cookies I made yesterday morning, that should be more than enough baked goodies for the "Tour Denver" group.

After breakfast, I came upstairs to pack and nap, since I didn't sleep too well (although this bed is much more comfortable than the one in Paintbrush!). My Mom called to wish me a happy birthday and we talked for a long time. It is always nice to talk to my mom!

My friend Cris's partner was suppose to take me to the airport, but I can't get hold of either one of them and we never set a time to meet. So before I panicked, I called Kim W and talked it over with her. She is going to take me to the airport now. I'll have to try to call Cris again later to see what was what. I was hoping Cris would have joined us at Olivea last night, so we could finalize things but he didn't join us.
Well, I did hear from Cris. He got off early and wanted to take me to the airport, so I called Kim and she said either way. Anyway, I made it to the airport in plenty of time, got on my plane and got into Reno about 7:30pm.

Dinner and bed. It's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment