Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Well, I went and took my ServSafe exam. It ended up being in at the guy's house! I guess it doesn't matter really. His wife was there, and his cat-who slept while I took my exam at Pete's dining room table. He did make me a cappuccino, so I guess I can't complain too loudly! I passed, getting a 91% correct grade. It takes a week or so to get the actual certificate mailed to the instructor, not to me!! I can't do anything until I get the certificate so that means I wait. Oh, well....I guess I am learning to roll with the punches.

I came home afterward and cleaned. Then trimmed some of the plants in the yard. Calvin Willey is coming on Friday morning at 8:30am to give me his landscaping plan for the yard. Can't wait to get it done, although with the weather the way it is, it may be later rather than sooner!

I walked up to my neighbor, Sandy's house, for a glass of wine. One of our other neighbors showed up, RC. I guess RC married his girlfriend in July. He seems very happy. Sandy is going to be moving to Red Rock. She is short selling her house. Too bad, I will miss her.

I made Lamb Shanks with Lentils for dinner. Just put two lamb shanks in the crock pot along with two cans of diced tomatoes, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 Tbsp of oregano, 2 cups of beef broth and a little over one cup of lentils. I let them cook on high for four hours. It was a tasty dish!

I am not going to take the job in Carson City. Too far to drive! We'll see what happens next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment