Friday, April 8, 2011

Thursday, April 7, 2011


It was hard getting up this morning!! Guess being in Denver tired me out more than I thought it did. I added a picture of Ah Choo playing with his mouse and "hiding" so no one could see him, lol.

I am slowly trying to put together business plans. At this point it does not seem as if one thing will be enough to create a business. I was told that most businesses do not make their own desserts, but I have noticed the higher end restaurants DO make their own desserts and this is certainly true in Reno. So I may be able to connect with a few restaurants but not at the volume I would need to make a living. I am in the process of creating a proposal for the Western Bariatric Institute to pitch being a Personal Chef to their bariatric patients. Since I am a nurse and a bariatric patient myself, it would seem I am uniquely qualified to be a personal chef to that clientele. The WSG employs a dietitian that consults with clients but no one goes into their homes to help them learn portion size or help them change their eating habits. We'll see!

I had lunch with my friend, John Springgate. Always good to have a friend that is a lawyer, lol, just in case! We ate at the China Star Buffet. Not bad, lots of choices. Although there are some things I question and won't eat (e.i. seafood unless it is a higher end restaurant).

The afternoon was filled with checking this and that online. I still need a name for my business-anyone have any ideas? I have a few but nothing that has screamed-"that's YOU!" Names like "Sugar&Spice" Personal Chef Service, "Got Dinner?" PCS, "The Sweet Spot" PCS, "One Hot Tomato" PCS. What does everyone think?

I wrote another article for Examiner.com and also got a write up in the Alumni news from Cook Street for being chosen to be the Reno Food Examiner. Nice.

Subscribe to my feed at Examiner.com:

http://www.examiner.com/cooking-168-in-reno/april-woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment