Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Half of doing is believing that you can.". -little book of inspirational thoughts...(thought I was gonna run out of quotes, didn't you?)

It was a beautiful, albeit somewhat chilly day today. I can only hope nice weather continues. We walked up to the Squeeze-In for a late breakfast. I was hoping to talk to Chad about selling the restaurant cookies, but he wasn't there today. Apparently he is going to run both the Reno Squeeze-In restaurants, so he's going to be a busy man! And he has new twins at home! The Squeeze-In on the south side of town (near Foothill Rd off South Virginia) just opened so I guess life has been crazy for them. I did get his card so I'll contact him shortly, after things settle down a bit.

After brunch, we took a car ride up just past Portola to check out a lodge on Hwy 70. We've stayed there before and Jordan thought it might be nice for a three seminar he is thinking of organizing. Sure is pretty up there. The conference rooms are nice too. We drove up through Truckee, then took Hwy 89 to Sierravile, then Hwy 49 to Portola. Still snow up there but the drive was beautiful.

I made dinner when we got back. Jordan wanted to try "faux-tatoes". Which translates to pursed cauliflower seasoned somewhat like mashed potatoes. They certainly have the appearance of mashed potatoes but they are a little watery or "thin" in appearance compared to mashed potatoes. I steamed a head of cauliflower, then put the florets into my food processor and "woodged" them around until smooth. Then I added some butter, salt and pepper. They were a little bland, so I added some Mrs Dash and that helped a lot, but still they lacked depth. So I grated a little Parmesan cheese in there. They did taste good, but I think I would add a potato or two to the mix to "beef up" the consistency of the pursed cauliflower. Jordan LOVED them!

After dinner, for reasons unknown to myself, I decided to take all three of my exams for my Personal Chef course at once. And guess what?
No, I didn't fail them! I passed!! Yeah! Now I am a Certified Personal Chef or CPC. Always nice to be able to add more letters behind your name (not really, but at least I have one culinary certification!). I need to start checking around tomorrow for pricing for a coffee/espresso cart and check to see how much that would cost. And stop by the Batriatric Institute to drop off a proposal for the dietician and the doctors to look at (personal chef ing for bariatric patients, a niche market). Gotta be pro-active.

No comments:

Post a Comment