Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My last day of class. I ate breakfast then went out to the bus stop to wait for the bus and it never came! So I went back into the house and asked Bailey if she would please take me to Cook Street. She did, and I was only a little late! I have no idea what happen with the bus.

At class, we talked about different ways to market, where to leave your cards, etc. She also thought we should do a "Demo", which to her means getting a table at a business and handing out samples of what you can make (cookies, granola, etc). She talked about business cards, websites, and press releases. We also worked on coming up with names for our business. I still cannot find out that "grabs me ". Need to work on that! We also talked about tags-the extra line under your company name. I need to sit down and go over the materials we received. Guess I'll do that tomorrow. Right about noon, it started to rain, then the rain turned into snow!! Yuck!

We actually got out at 3pm instead of 5pm. So Jackie and I drove (in the snow), to Kim W's for small plates (literally what it says, small plates of food. We had quite a variety! I made dessert. I took puff pastry, rolled it out, then cut small circles out of it, the pushed the circles into mini muffin tins and baked them at 350. Then I finished them off with a layer of almond paste, then a layer of diced pear mixed with fresh thyme and white pepper. Then topped the whole thing with crushed hard caramel. Yum! Then we went home before it got too late and the roads started to freeze. It's still snowing lightly!

I am cooking breakfast in the morning. Guess I better get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment