Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It was suppose to rain today but ended up only being cold and blustery (sounds like Winnie the Pooh, lol). Other than walking to the store and walking up to my mailbox, I stayed in today. Me and the cat.

I worked on finding muffin liners and boxes for mostly baked goods, as well as rounds to put under cakes. I also looked at containers for when I go into people's homes and cook for them. There seem to be a lot of choices, but I would like to use a pressed paper product called Pressmate. It is made out of recycled materials and is recyclable. The pressed paper can be used in the microwave and in the oven and is safe up to 400 degrees. Pretty good actually. I am still waiting for the software company to process my order for Menumaker. I'd like to use it to help figure out how much cookies, etc cost per cookie, etc. I can do it by hand but it seems much easier to use the computer program. I also wrote an article for Examiner.com on Brûlée Oatmeal. I made that for breakfast this morning, very tasty!

Its seems to be a slow process, starting a business. I guess it doesn't matter what kind of business it is. There are all kinds of little things that must be done before one can start "working" as a business. I still need a name for my personal chef business. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm willing to consider everything. A lot of the "cute" names have already been taken. Someone suggested "Delicious Dishes" (I like that one)-already being used, at least from a .com point of view. Who would have thought?! I'll keep plugging away!

No comments:

Post a Comment