Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Monday we were up early. Jordan so he could start his day of meetings at ESRI, me so I could drive up to Granada Hills to see my sister, Michele. The traffic wasn't bad, but I did get turned around a bit what with all the freeways splitting here and there. I managed to make it there in one piece!

Michele, Dylan and I went out the lunch at Maggio's. It's a chain, but I still like the food. I made dinner for Michele and family last night-Steak Diane, mashed potatoes and roast asparagus. Everyone seemed happy with their meals! I also made up the Amish Friendship Bread that someone had given Mark a starter for while Michele was in DC and NYC. I am bringing some of it home! I also mixed up my bread dough to sit over night.

Tuesday, I made breakfast-scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. Unfortunately, I decided to bake the bacon in the oven. Michele and Mark's oven is not very good or reliable for that matter. It runs very hot, so that even with using a lower temperature, I succeeded in burning the bacon (extra, extra crispy!). Good thing I only used half of the bacon I bought at Mahogany Meats in Bishop! We ate it anyway. I warmed up the leftover sauce fro. Last night and spooned it over the scrambled eggs. It was still tasty!

I made Peanut Butter cookies today (using the 1 cup of peanut butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar and one egg dough mixture), then baked my "No Knead" bread. It certainly baked in a shorter amount of time than it does in an oven that works properly! Then we ran errands and checked out Tuesday Morning. The Tuesday Morning store here is at least twice the size of the one in Reno. Amazing! I found a few things to use for cooking. Then on to lunch (so ok, I let Dylan have his way today and we ate at McDonalds), then Target. I found a new iPad cover for $15!! It was on sale, very nice.

Jordan took the train up from USC and we picked him up in Van Nuys. We went out for dinner to "The Cheesecake Factory". Yummy food, no room left for cheesecake though! After dinner, Jordan and I drove back to USC to spend the night. USC is putting us up for the night as Jordan has more meetings in the morning. That man is certainly busy! Once he is finished, we will take a leisurely drive up the coast of California. Should be relaxing for us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment