Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Saturday was filled with breakfast with friends, computer work and cooking. I had breakfast with Kasia, Gary and Ric (Jordan was getting ready to go out of town) at Arlington Gardens. You might ask yourself if Ric knows of any other restaurants besides Arlington Gardens, and he does, but if he has anything to say about it, he always chooses the Garden. I came home and started in on trying to get my MenuMagic program to upload personal chef recipes. I finally got it to work. Yeah!

For dinner I made Spring Vegetables with Couscous and Chicken. The veggies were asparagus, peas and scallions. The dish turned out well and was low fat. And it's very easy to make. Every day Martha Stewart sends me a dinner suggestion (obviously I don't always listen but this meals sounded good), so I decided to try this one. It would make a good salad served at room temperature with a vinaigrette.

I didn't pack for LA until this morning. The cat knew something was going on. He doesn't seem to like it when I leave for any length of time. I started taking him outside on a harness and lease. He seems to enjoy going out on the deck.

After dropping the cat at Janell's house, Jordan and I took 395 south. Our first stop is Redlands, CA and it is quicker to take Hwy 395. Jordan has meetings all day tomorrow. The drive down was beautiful. It was warm and sunny. There still is snow in the mountains but it is melting. We are staying at Dynasty Suites in Redlands. It's a nice place, quiet and off the beaten path.

We had dinner at "The Old Spaghetti Factory". It has been years since I ate at one of these restaurants. I can't even remember what city it was in, lol. The food was ok, not spectacular. I had a glass of Frances Coppola Rosso but it did not taste good to me so they gave me a glass of La Crema Pinot Noir. I did have to pay extra for that, lol, no breaks. That tasted better!

We are back in our room and I am exhausted so I'll go to bed soon. Tomorrow I go see Michele in LA. It will be nice to see her. :-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment