Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, April 11, 2011

"Follow your heart, it knows the way.". -little book of inspirational thoughts

I got on the phone after breakfast this morning to try and find out about buying or leasing a coffee cart. I found out through Dr Mullins's office, that the managing company for St Mary's Center for Wellness is Ensemble. I called Ensemble and talked with Jaime there, told her my name and my purpose (that some of the office staff in the building had asked me to put in a coffee cart) and the first thing out of her mouth was NO! I asked her why not. Jaime told me that the hospital does not want that type of business in there. I thanked her and hung up. What do you say to that? Then the sales rep for the espresso/coffee cart company called me back and we talked for a bit. A six foot completely self-sufficient, stocked espresso/coffee cart is $13,999 delivered. To lease it would be $1550 down and just about $2000 a month (even that seems a little pricey). I told him about my conversation with Jaime and he was surprised. I told him I would have to put it all on hold for now.

I had lunch with Ric (another surprise-Arlington Gardens!). He says he'll talk with one of the fencers who works at the VA to see if the VA Hospital would like a coffee cart in their lobby. Who knows?

After lunch, I went to meet with Chelsea at Applied Staffing about a job in Carson. Turns out, Applied Staffing hires you, then sends you out to various jobs as a temp. This continues until an employer is willing to buy out your contract with Applied and employ you themselves. I told her of my reluctance to drive to Carson every day. Chelsea says she thought I lived in Carson because my name came up in a search for Carson people. Guess she didn't check out my resume very well! So I will let her know tomorrow about whether or not I am willing to interview in Carson. She was very good about it. My concern was that if you quit early, you (or me to be exact) would end up paying back Applied for some of the money they spent on you AND, it would drop my pay rate to minimum wage. No thanks! So I may stick with them and let them do a job search for me. I also found out I need Alcohol Education or AES in order to work at any of the restaurants. Another test, another certification!

I took the AES exam before dinner. I take the test, print the results, then take them to a place on Bible Way, give them $20 and they give me a certificate. Just takes money to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment