Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My how time flies!

Sunday was a quiet day. I made Chocolate Orange Truffles (will add pictures tomorrow!) and worked on the computer. The LAHI project is done, as is my map of LA County hospitals in ArcGIS. Now the two projects need to be merged (above my pay grade). Interesting project!

Monday I went shopping for my personal chef client. I usually shop at Whole Foods, I like their meat and seafood especially. Sometimes I shop at Trader Joe's. We had the house cleaned today also, in anticipation of my friend's visit on Wednesday. In the adternoon, I mixed up cookie dough for "Big Chocolate Chunk Cookies" and made Pineapple Tartlets. I read some and rubbed the kitty belly.



Tuesday I cooked up a storm. My client had a big list! Brisket with Root Vegetables,


Austrian Pork Stew served over egg noodles,


Turkish Chicken Thighs, Lamb Masala with Jeweled Rice,


Crab Salad melts, Asparagus Soup with a crispy proscuitto garnish,

Apple Turkey Piccadillo,


Caribbean Wraps (chicken, mango, cilantro, onions and black beans), "Sassy" Asian Tacos, Orzo with Broccoli and Almonds, and a Mixed green salad with tomatoes, goat cheese and white beans. All yummy but we'll see if my clint is happy! I was too tired to blog by the time I got home last night!

Today I ran errands before I picked up my friend, Vicki, from the airport. She flew in from Houston to see me. We've been friends for over 35 years!! It was great to see her. And it is the one year anniversary of our friend Betty's death.

We went out to lunch at the Wine and Cheese Board and had a great time. Then went shopping at Kohl's. Retail therapy always helps, lol.

Tonight for dinner I roasted Yukon gold baby potatoes as well as a pork loin roast wrapped in pancetta (Italian bacon). I served it with asparagus. Everyone enjoyed it-including me! Vicki went to bed early-she's two hours ahead of us by her internal clock. Me? I'm blogging, then a little reading, then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment