Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I was up early so I could go to my eye doctor's appointment and get going on my personal chef job for today. Ah Choo would prefer I stay home with him so I'm available for filling his food bowl and rubbing his (Budha) belly, lol.

The appointment went well and I was off to cook. Yesterday I made the Pineapple Empanadas, so that part was done. I started out by making an Artichoke Fritata. Good lunch meal or light dinner. Just add a salad and you're done!


From there, I moved on to make a Crispy Pear and Celery Salad (sorry, no picture, I forgot to take one!). The salad has chopped pear, sliced celery, cubed white cheddar and a raspberry vinaigrette. It's served with a mixed greens.

From there I moved on to the pasta dishes. Penne with Italian Sausage (chicken sausage) and Arugula. The pasta in this dish is tossed with Parmesan cheese that has been made into a paste with a little oil and pasta water.


After that-Broccolini, White Bean and Fontina Pasta:


Then Beef Tataki, rare sered sirloin, thinly sliced and served over matchsticks of carrot, Daikon radish and sliced onion tossed with a soy sauce mix including ginger and scallions and lemon juice.


The last two dishes I made were Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce, made using baby shitake mushrooms, yum! I put them over the last of the pasta I had made earlier.


And last but not least, Alaskan Cod with Creamy Tomato Sauce:


All these recipes are from eatingwell.com. I was giving them a try to see if you really could have great tasting food with fewer calories. The answer is yes!

Tonight we are eating at Burger Me as part of some research for an article on same said restaurant (Burger Me). Should be good, now that they have been up and running for close to six months. Once I same the food, I'll finish my article for Examiner.com.

Can't wait until warmer weather gets here and the wind dies down some..... I could wait a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment