Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday, March 29, 2012

We got up slowly this morning, at least Vickie and I did. Jordan was up at 4:30am as was Ah Choo. I baked an Oven Apple Pancake for breakfast this morning. You saute apple slices in butter, cinnamon and brown sugar, then pour a batter over it and finish it off in the oven. Yum!! A little powdered sugar sprinkle and serve.


Vickie has asthma and has not done well with living with Ah Choo, so poor Ah Choo got shipped off to Janell's house. :-(. It seems strange not having him around, even Vickie said so!

After that, we drove up to Truckee, where we had lunch at Moody's. I wrote an article a week or so ago about all the changes at Moody's, but had not had a chance to get there because of bad weather. So today, we decided that would be as good a place as any to test drive there new menu. We started off with Truffled Deviled Eggs, then moved on to a Roasted Beet Salad with Frisee and shaved Parmesan cheese. The next course was Potato Leek Soup (that was OMG good!). We also had Maple Glazed Pork Belly with a mixed green salad and sliced apples. I ordered their mussels that came in a coconut chile sauce-Vicki had one, and I ate the rest myself, lol! They were very good!. As a finale (although we did debate having dessert as we were so full despite sharing everything) we had their Chocolate Whoopie Pie with Peanut Butter filling served with vanilla ice cream drizzled with peanut sauce. Lord have mercy! It did not look like any whoopie pie we had ever seen but did it ever taste good. Everything we ate was excellent. Then after all that, they comped us! Could it be because I said I was there to follow up on an article I had written for Examiner.com? I think so, cause the manager I interviewed came over to introduce himself, lol. I asked them if they were sure they really wanted to do this and they said yes. How nice was that?!?

We walked off lunch while strolling through some of the shops along Truckee's main drag, then hopped back in the car and drove to Lake Tahoe via Hwy 89. Beautiful scenery! We stopped at several placed at the Lake so Vickie could take pictures. Emerald Bay was closed due to snow and ice, so I didn't feel so bad that we did not have time to drive completely around the lake. By the time we left to drive back to Reno, it was cloudy and getting colder at the Lake.

We got back to the house in time for my sister to pick us up and drive us to dinner. We went to Campo, downtown. Since we weren't too hungry, we shared the small charcuterie plate (everything but the cheese made on the premises), Vickie had a salad, Janell had a small order of pasta and Vickie and I shared a Margherita pizza-most of which we brought home. We had a nice time with Janell. She and Vickie had not seen each other for quite some time.

Now, here we are, stuffed, in our jammies and getting ready for bed (while Jordan is still at work!).
'Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment