Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Another day of errands and computer research.

I went to check out homa'ge bakery this morning. Janell went with me. It's in the same house on Ralston that the Cake and Flower Shop used to own. The owner/baker is Nicholle Almbaugh and she opened her sop about two months ago. She has cakes, scones, muffins, cookies and cookie bars. Homa'ge also sells coffee, espresso, lattes, etc. Nice atmosphere, but I wish they had more tables and chairs. Ah, well, not my decision to make. The art on the wall is graffiti-type art, made by a local artist. Janell got coconut cake and thought it was a little dry (and it kinda was). I got a peach muffin, which ended up being a little doughy in the middle. It tasted like peach, but did not have as much spice as I would have expected. I also brought home a piece of carrot cake and a mystery bar. Jordan ate the mystery bar so I have no idea what that was like. The carrot cake was moist but a little too much clove and nutmeg. Everyone has different tastes!

Janell and I moved on to lunch at Chili's. I had a salad, Janell had their soup/sandwich combo. They run lunch deals all the time at Chili's, which is nice if you are watching your pennies.

After lunch, Janell went off and I got my hair cut, had Jordan's tires checked and ran an errand. I spent the rest of the afternoon checking out exactly what a "Nutraceutical" company is. I have an interview tomorrow for one of these companies. Apparently there are 4-5 nutraceutical companies in Reno. Who'd of thought?

Dinner (salad with Brown Rice and Goat Cheese Cakes. I had made a few for my personal chef client, and they looked so good, I made them for Jordan and I. He enjoyed them, which is good!

A little reading, then bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment