Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We were up early this morning and on the road to Sacramento. Jordan and I attended a Cal-Fire meeting this morning. He is trying to coordinate a seminar between the California and Nevada fire disaster members. There is much land that both California and Nevada have in common as far as borders. I was there to see what it was all about so I can act as an event planner/coordinator for this seminar. Cool!

We had snow and rain on the way over (chains or 4-wheel drive required) and on the way back. The roads were open, though. Good thing we had my sister's 4-wheel drive!

We ate lunch at an OLD restaurant called Old Ironsides (as in sailing ship). Must have been built in the 40s or 50s. "Dive" came to mind but the people were nice, interesting atmosphere and ok food. Eating lunch close to the State Fire Marshall's office gave Jordan a chance to talk with one of his masters students who had also been invited to attend, as fire safety and planning has something to do with his dissertation.

After we arrived back in Reno, I dropped Jordan off at the airport. He's on his way to Denver as I write for more meetings. I dropped the car off, then went out to JJ's Pizza with my sister for dinner. Now I'm thinking, it is bedtime. It's been a very LONG day!

No comments:

Post a Comment