Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I delivered my (biblical sounding) 40 loaves of Spiced Pumpkin Bread this morning. I figured since I was done with them, I might as well just deliver them (and bill for them, lol). They turned out well and Anne seemed to like them, so that makes me happy!

I did a little more work on the LAHI project. David sent Jordan and I an example of what he is looking for. I'm not sure that info is out there, at least not in one place. Not to mention the fact that most of the hospital websites do not offer a picture or diagram of their facility, which is what is needed to give David the info he wants. We'll see what happens tomorrow when we conference call. My Internet stopped working this afternoon, so I couldn't finish the work.

I had lunch with Ric at Arlington Gardens. They changed their lunch menu-"dummied" it down some. Probably economics. They do offer interesting specials. We both had Pasta with Bolognese Sauce. Pretty good actually!

Home for a couple of hours, then I went to Campo's grand opening. The early session of 4-6pm was for the media (still hard to think of myself as "the media"). We got a small tour, got to look behind the scenes at the kitchen, etc, had some wine and food (pizza, charcuterie (made right there by Mark Estée), olives, dips, chocolate truffles, chocolate orange mini biscotti and Limoncello mini cupcakes) before the general public came. By 7pm, the place was packed! They also had a live jazz band playing. I met a few new people and saw some old acquaintances. Michael, who used to be matre'd at Harrah's Steakhouse, was there and he even remembered me! He says hello to the doctor by the way. I left about 7:30pm-too many people. I'll go back another time with Jordan and try out the menu. I liked their pizza (made in a wood burning Italian pizza oven) and the charcuterie was fabulous!

Jordan had to teach from UNR tonight because of no Internet so he didn't get home until late. Guess we'll figure out the whole Internet thing tomorrow. I'll also try to add some Campo pictures tomorrow once we have Internet service again.

No comments:

Post a Comment