Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

I finished the two side dishes I needed to make for my sister and my mom, first thing this morning. I also made up the mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving as one of the side dishes was mashed potatoes with caramelized onions. Yum! I baked a pumpkin pie using a new recipe out of a book my sister lent me called "Perfect Pies". Nice book, good pictures.

My mom and sister came over about 11am. I baked the Pumpkin French Toast dish, fried up some bacon and made a small fruit and yogurt cup. Then we finished watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Dinner was ready by 4pm. We had stuffed turkey breast, mashed potatoes, cheese corn casserole, roasted Brussels sprouts, stuffing Janell made, and cranberry sauce. A good time was had by all!

Jordan napped but after dinner Janell, my mom and I watched Christmas movies, then had pie. The little mini apple pies baked in the half pint canning jars sure are cute! And taste as good as the full sized pies. Mom and Janell left about 9pm. After spending some time with Jordan, it's time for bed.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment