Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday, November 17 2011

I was up early because I needed to make cookies for Karen (of Hill Billy Hot Dogs). She forgot to call me over the weekend to ask for a dozen bags of chocolate chip cookies. Only I had to go out and buy eggs before I could make cookies! I'd forgotten I used all my eggs for the 40 loaves of Spiced Pumpkin Bread. I finished baking and packaging the chocolate chip cookies pretty quickly, got them delivered, then went and saw Janell for a little bit. She had two bags of "stuff" for me.

I had a 2pm conference call with Jordan and David, which went well. David acknowledged the information we need on LA hospitals is "out there", it will just take someone doing research to pull it all together. We'll see if this turns into some type of employment for me (like Jordan thinks will happen-at least something to supplement my income).

I spent part of the day sitting on the couch, working on the computer, which Ah Choo loves. He likes the attention! And the belly rubs, lol. Jordan says he's not sure which one of us is more trained to do the bidding of the other.

I am reading about pies and small or miniature desserts, which have taken center stage right along with cupcakes. People don't feel so guilty buying and eating one cupcake, but don't always want to buy an entire cake. Same with pies and candies and other little pastries. I am making mini pies for one of my meetings in December. And they really are cute!

I managed to finally make "Holiday Jam" and get it canned. Holiday Jam has fresh cranberries, strawberries and sugar cooked together and reduced to a wonderfully thick consistency. Nice combination, cranberries and strawberries.

Jordan and I had dinner out at the Steakhouse at Hobey's in Lemmon Valley. The food was quite good and the restaurant itself reminded me of Harrah's Steakhouse. Kind of old school, old world decor and service (although nothing "table side"). We'll definitely go again. I had lobster bisque that had big chunks of lobster in it (usually lobster bisque is more "essence" of lobster, so the chunks were a surprise) and we split a steak. For dessert we had chocolate cheesecake. The restaurant makes everything in-house! That's not as common as it used to be-at any restaurant. Marco, the maitre'd has worked at several high end restaurants in Reno as well as the Bay area. He's been at Hobey's for 9 years. Nice guy, Marco.

No comments:

Post a Comment